My 25 things:
1. I am a recovering perfectionist, and becoming mighty good at the recovery process, I might add.
3. Andy Roddick looked directly into my eyes and said “Thank you” when I wished him good luck at a tennis tournament. I was within inches of him, and the only one of the group that wasn’t a screaming teenager. Yes, I was visibly out of place.
4. I cry in church almost every Sunday. Praise songs move me to tears. 5. I don’t like help in the kitchen. Maybe #1 isn’t so good after all.
5. I don’t like help in the kitchen. Maybe #1 isn’t so good after all.
6. If I were to choose a husband for my daughter, he would be a worship music leader. And he could sing for his supper at my house. See #4 and get the Kleenex. Then see #2. Then see KT freak if she reads this.
7. I hate balloons and rubber gloves. EEeeeek.
8. I have a beautiful quilt that is near completion that just can’t quite get itself done. Perhaps recovering procrastinator should be added to my resume.
9. If I bite into a piece of meat and hit a blood vessel or something else stringy, I’m done. Take. It. Away. Bring me vegetables.
10. My first computer was a PC Junior, and when I got a “real’ one, the IT guy at the hospital said “you’ll never need more than 80 meg for home use.” I think he still uses a Brownie Instamatic.
11. I got to meet Mark Schultz and even got an embrace from him. Then he sang to me. Well, there were a few hundred others in the audience, too.
12. I met SONICFLOOd backstage and had my picture taken with them.
13. I once saw Chevy Chase in a hotel elevator in New York. He was not friendly. He did not appreciate Ron Burgundy’s comment about our Christmas lights. He could not stand up very well.
14. Rafael Nadal is even more perfectly sculpted in person than he appears on TV. I got within a few feet of him, too. He didn’t speak, though. Language barrier, I’m sure. Wonder if he’s seen my Facebook profile pic? (Have you figured out I’m a groupie yet?)
15. I finally have the secret to getting that applewood smoked bacon flavor in soups and stews – it’s called applewood smoked bacon.
16. Bad table manners make me crazy.
17. I take more time preparing meals for my dog than I do for my husband and me. He’s special. And dying. (The dog, that is).
18. I always meet deadlines, but not until the last minute. Self-imposed deadlines often require rescheduling. See #8.
19. I will never understand how an airplane gets off the ground.
20. My favorite smell is onions and garlic sautéing in olive oil.
21. I have four years of college eligibility left to play tennis.
22. I can’t memorize Scripture very well, but put it to music, and I’ll sing you every word….horribly.
23. I have a cat who only loves two people – Ron Burgundy and me. Everyone else is chopped liver.
24. I want to visit the Holy Land and walk where Jesus walked. But the fighting there scares me (oh ye of little faith).
25. I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth. 3 John 1:4
Tea tonight: Metamucil (yeah, you read that right!)