Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Happy Birthday, Helen!

Today is my friend Helen's birthday. My very good friend.

However, I've never met Helen.

At least in person.

We've emailed, exchanged tweets, and have prayed for a lot of the same things: Big Al, ill parents, struggling children, safe travels.


Ron Burgundy frequently makes fun of my "imaginary friends" as if they were all of the Snuffleupagus variety. But this Big Bird knows Helen is real, and someday soon I hope to meet her IRL. I know she really exists. Who would pretend to be a hilarious Hungarian Catholic bookworm?

We share the love of laughter, good food, and snarky friends. We differ in the fact that she cooks Hungarian foods. I have Hungarian paprika in my spice drawer, but I have no idea how to use it.


Once again she has been caught salsa dancing in the grocery aisles. Stop over at Random Musings and wish her a happy birthday!


Happy Birthday, Helen!


Tea tonight: Genmaicha

8 comments:

Sherri Murphy said...

I love Helen too!

Happy Birthday Helen the Hungarian!

Billy Coffey said...

Happy Birthday, Helen!

katdish said...

Not to sound like a broken record, but...

Happy Birthday Helen!

Love,

Your imaginary friend

Helen said...

Thanks Candy. I really appreciate your birthday wishes.
Uhmm...where is that grocery store? The one's near me have even stopped playing the canned music....I can't figure out what their problem is...

Boozy Tooth said...

I don't know what I'm most excited about today...

A new post from Candy (finally... hint, hint), or her introduction of Helen who I suspect I now love as much as Candy does.

Salsa dancing!
In the grocery aisles!

Hooray!

Wendy said...

How did you get your hands on that video of Helen? ;o)

wife.mom.nurse said...

Happy B-day to Helen.

Love the video. LOL!

Beth E. said...

Well, I'm a day late (typical), so my BD wishes will be belated. She seems like such a neat person.

A grocery store with a band and dancing???!!! WOW...I like it! Of course, where I live, our band wouldn't play salsa music...it's country or bluegrass here, y'all!

Post a Comment