Sunday, October 26, 2008

I AM Better Off Than I Was 4 Years Ago...

And it has nothing to do with politics, government, the President, the war, the economy (duh!) or the country at large.

It's all about me.

OK, so my retirement fund hit the skids, my bonus from work was worth less than the "Jelly of the Month" Club, my fitness level and core strength really took a nose dive, and most of the old clothes I took to the consignment store were rejected for "lack of style and excessive wear" - so they went back in my closet.

But oh, my heart is better. And my soul. I've become more faithful. I trust God implicitly to take care of things (like retirement funds, family. friends) and He has, I worry less, I pray more, I've really given Him a huge load these past couple of years and am trusting He will continue to carry it for me.

No matter what the outcome of this election, despite all the promises of CHANGE by both parties, I'm confident in my God who is the same, no matter who rules the country, no matter what the stock market does, and no matter if I have a job when I return from vacation. He never changes, and I'm so grateful.

He's got me - right where He wants me. Wouldn't have put myself here, but His plans are wiser than mine.

I the LORD do not change. So you, the descendants of Jacob, are not destroyed. Malachi 3:6

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I rush down like a groupie this morning to see "Meet the Press" where Ron Burgundy was allegedly to get an interview with McCain, but got the classic brush-off and a stern warning from the Secret Service to "hold it up here, sir" as he tried to chase him down. But the most exciting groupie part was seeing our friend Tom Brokaw again after 20 years. He hasn't changed a bit. Still as kind, professional, and ordinary as ever. Graciously signed his book "A Long Way Home" for us. Couldn't pass up the photo-op. And I even got kisses from his dog Red who came along for the trip so they could go hunting.