Monday, October 20, 2008

"Not me!" Monday

I did not make a deep and abiding commitment to myself and God that my diet will consist only of whole, mostly raw, and nutrient-dense foods...for now, one day at a time. It has been easy and freeing (albeit short-lived thus far)! Nothing nasty has passed these lips since 10/12, which was my first-ever stop at BWW (and probably my last) after which I felt awful. I'm proud of this one, but will need some serious prayers.

I did not sob for an hour on the way to work one day last week because my dog simply could not stand for more than a minute without crumpling to the ground. The vet said he'd tell us when he's "ready to go." I haven't heard that yet. He still seems fairly content and not in any pain. And he's up walking today.

I did not forget to cover up Harold and Sam for the first frost. I mean, duh, I even had the fireplace flaming this week and still forgot! Thankfully, I think I can salvage them. I need 2 strong men to help me get them in the house. C'mon over.

I did not stay in my jammies and refuse to shower all day a week ago today. It was my first day off in months and I'm sure there's a PTO policy that one is allowed to be a dirt bag during that time.

I did not read Malachi four times before starting a podcast sermon series on it, only to completely misinterpret what that last book of the New Testament says. I'm really trying to bring out my inner Bible scholar, but I do believe God bestowed that gift on someone else (Christine, Justin, you're very blessed!)

Rock on, MckMama.


7 comments:

-stephanie- said...

sad with you about your dog.

heidi said...

Sorry to hear about your dog. :-(

Ashley said...

i think there is a no shower rule when you have a day off of work
sorry about your dog...

Amie said...

awwww...sorry about your dog. That did not make me tear up!

Groovin' to your songs!

:)
Amie

Weeksie50 said...

Aw, I am sorry to hear about your dog..

I love lazy days.. and I never feel bad for having them..lol..

Congrats on starting and sticking to a new diet..

iheartbowheads.blogspot.com said...

oh no -we have an almost 12 year old 105 pound lab - you talk about geriatric! We are always so happy when he gets up in the morning!

I know how hard that is!

Holly

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

Loved this, I had a jammie no shower day this week too.

So sorry about you little doggie.

Post a Comment