Friday, December 12, 2008

7 Quick Takes Friday

Click on over to Jennifer at Conversion Diary for my 7 Quick Takes inspiration ala Mr. Linky.

More appropriately, this may be a few whines and a few "takes."

One.
Jon from SCL is having a birthday December 19. His most annoying (as in loving, Christiany annoying) friend, Stupendous Stacy from Louisville is having a card party for him, so click here to get the address to send him any stupid card you can find. It doesn't even matter if you know him. I don't. Send him a card that says "who the heck are you and why am I sendin you a card???"

And a two.
There are some redeeming qualities in working 14 hour days in two different locations. You can wear the same clothes two days in a row and nobody notices. (Unless they ask you if you had spaghetti for lunch yesterday because they can see it on your sweater). And you have a good reason for looking very tired. And for not having any Christmas prep done.

And a three.
Yes, three. Three people I know and really care about lost their jobs this week. They say a recession is when other people lose their job; a depression is when you lose yours. I think whatever we are in, we need to recognize Who is in control, and lift our brothers and sisters up in prayer during these difficult times. We just never know when we are next. We must take care of each other.

And a four.
Say a prayer for my daughter this weekend as she goes skiing in Colorado with friends. There's a reason we didn't name her Grace. Or Picabo.

And a five.
Hats off to Shonn Green from Iowa for being the first Hawkeye to win the Doak Walker Award. Now I know nothing about football, Doak Walker, or what a running back even does (run, maybe?) but I have watched Shonn present himself as a very humble gentleman throughout this season.

And a six.
I was sad to hear that my puppy's sister Maddie had to go to the Rainbow Bridge a few months ago. They were from a litter whose mother was hit by a car when they were just a few weeks old. He will soon follow her. I don't like loss, grief, and death. I handle all of them poorly, and I pray I get better at it because it's not like it's going to go away. But it's hard to imagine being without a loyal friend who has been by your side for over 14 years.

And a seven.
This week, I was convicted by this post. Perhaps Jon should be sent a praise card. (See item One.)

Tea tonight: Green with lemongrass




2 comments:

Beth E. said...

Hahaha...I have SO been guilty of #2...and I only work in ONE place! :o) Seriously, if no one comes into my office, no one sees what I'm wearing that day, right? So why not wear the same outfit again? Well, except for the dreaded spaghetti. lol

Arthur K said...

Great blog, I enjoyed reading it

Post a Comment