Friday, May 23, 2008

Hi Dad, Me again - Slough foot :)

I spent some time with my dad tonight. I deeply felt his presence, or more than likely it was my Father's presence. Whatever, we were all there together. The night was chilly, and as my aching knees fell on the cold wet grass, I couldn't deny the comfort in the fact that after 11 years, the sod and seed have finally blended in nicely with Dad's neighbors. That pleases him, I'm sure. He was always so picky like that, and I'm sure the crab grass that had been there the past couple of years drove him crazy. As do the flowers that now adorn his headstone - "Weeds!" he always called them, no matter how beautiful. It's a surreal experience that never changes - reading your dad's name on the granite stone, with Mom's name right next to his, no date of her death. I love and miss you, Dad. Say hi to Buddy for me. I really hope you two are friends by now.
And the Lord GOD will wipe tears away from all faces, Isaiah 25:8
Tea tonight: Cheap Hy-Vee stuff...love it!

1 comment:

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

Okay, now I am in full on tears... So glad I read these though. It is so nice to know I am not alone in the things I feel and think when it comes to missing my Dad..

Post a Comment