Friday, July 4, 2008

Liftin' the Blog

I hate that I get ideas and thoughts from someones blogs, rather than from any creative juices in my own brain, but sometimes what people say and feel resonates so powerfully with me on a particular day. I'm hoping they consider it a compliment that I would lift something that moves me on that day. Today, it's Angel, and I found her blog during that attempt to once again reach the end of the internet and find my place in it. I haven't read very many of her musings, but have read enough to remind me of my regret for the egocentric and improvident decisions I made in my early adult years (Move ON, will you??) and commend her for her wisdom at such a young age. And what cut me to the core this morning were simply the words in her header:

Once our eyes are opened, we cannot pretend we don’t know what to do.
God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know,
and holds us responsible to act.

I don't think I've been so moved by words in many years - at least a dozen - when I heard Fred Luskin give a talk at a conference on his specialty of Forgiveness - at the time I needed it most. I never did figure out if he is a Christian, but it doesn't matter. God has gifted him so and he has changed so many lives with his devotion to his work.

I am also convinced that God, in His infinite wisdom (not Al Gore), created the internet because He takes me to posts I need to see at very special times. Those are not accidents. There really is no such thing.

Tea today: Earl Grey green