Sunday, July 6, 2008

Yet another blessing.

Not that she is a new blessing - she's one who has been a large part of my life for over seven years. We have shared joy, love, frustration, and many laughs, not to mention the "nurse stories" that bring some wisdom, a chuckle, a tear, and the occasional "duh." Last night, my son (yeah, the one of "Meaningful Dialogue") officially asked Abigail Rae to become his wife, giving "fireworks" a whole new definition. I could have searched the world over and not found a better woman to be my daughter-in-law. She's tough, sensible, loving, soft-hearted, compassionate, a hard worker, frugal, and always, always puts others before herself. She's one of the few who really understands "boys" - or perhaps I should say accepts them for the goofy animals that they are. (Does anyone really understand them?) I'm thinking she knows where to find a case for glasses, and she could also probably find someone to pay her to take it. I find great comfort that we have a really smart nurse to step up and ask all the right questions if any of us ever get sick. This is by far the best choice Ben has made in his life. My prayer for them is that they put God at the center of their marriage, because with Him it will be able to withstand every test. Our family is truly blessed.
Tea today: Snow Water Green Cloud